ALWOODLEY ALLOTMENT SOCIETY LIMITED
Minutes of 2019 AGM
MINUTES OF THE ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING HELD ON FRIDAY 27th SEPTEMBER 2019 AT MOORTOWN SOCIAL CLUB
Present: Derek Hanton, Chairman, Ken Mulley-Smith, Vice Chairman, Christine Parton, Secretary, Nick Coulter, Membership Secretary, Graham Smith, Publicity Officer, Janice and Ray Slator, Chris and Julia Holmes, Mark Pedder, Gavin Ockenden, Sandra Carr, Isabelle and Wayne Arnett, Peter and June McWilliam , Gill Bailey, Shona Bond, Diana Hector, Terry and Alison Major ,Lesley Gledhill, John Reynolds, Gerald Parton, Pat O’Donnell, Michael Parkes, David Collett, David Hampshire, Wendy Aspinall, Val Wake, Wilbur Paddy.
Apologies: Maurice Thomson, Douglas Thompson, Tony Carroll.
- Approval of 2018 minutes: Proposed by Gerald Parton seconded by Michael Parkes.
- Matters arising: None. Accepted as a true record.
- Secretary’s report: Christine reported that the committee had held monthly meetings during the year (except in August) with good attendance.
- Chairman’s report: Derek reported that we had had a good year, good harvest and all plots looking good. We have had 2 working parties with good attendance (and free barbecue). Plot inspections next year will be held in Spring, Summer and Autumn. We have had a visit from the Local Councillors who were very impressed with the site.
There are 2 prize winning plots this year – Val Wake and Michael Stephens and also an award for best newcomer to Jack Walker.
Derek said that he had had fantastic support from the Committee this year and will now be standing down as Chairman, having held the post since 2010.
Ken asked for a massive vote of thanks to Derek for all he has done and he proposed that he becomes President of our Society (terms to be developed).
- Treasurer’s report: Ken circulated the balance sheet as at 17/9/19. Balance at 17/9 is £3,600.47.
We currently have no Treasurer – anyone interested to speak to Ken.
- Election of Officers: The Committee stood down. The following officials were unanimously re-elected.
Chairman – Ken Mulley-Smith
Vice Chairman – Isabelle Arnett
Treasurer – vacant
Secretary – Christine Parton
Membership secretary – Nick Coulter
Project Manager – Wayne Arnett
Publicity Officer – Graham Smith
Other members – Gill Bailey
- Update on Projects: Wayne reported that the borehole is in and is pumping water at 2000 litres per hour. Next year we plan to pump through to the IBC’s round the site. It was stressed that the borehole is a back-up and all plot holders need to collect their own rain water.
Working parties will be required for hand digging drainage.
Plot inspections – it was stressed that these have to be done as part of our lease conditions from the Council. We do not want to get rid of people, we want to help. The plots have to be weed and nettle free and some people have been asked to leave. Appeals are over the next weekend.
Graham was commended for his work on the newsletters which is our main communication. We urge everybody to read it. Contact us c/o the committee@Alwoodleygrowers.org.uk
- Questions and Answers: There was a brief q and a session and all were thanked for attending.
- Agree on charges for 2021: To remain at £48 (£24 for a quarter plot).
The meeting closed at 8.45 p.m.
Thanks extended to Moortown Social Club for the use of the room.
Christine Parton, Secretary